التسجيل التعليمـــات التقويم البحث مشاركات اليوم اجعل كافة الأقسام مقروءة

العودة   الملتقى الطلابي > ~~ ملتقى الخريجين و الجامعيين ~~ > الملتقى الجامعي العام

الملتقى الجامعي العام لكل ما يتعلق بالبعثات و الأخبار الجامعية و الأسئلة المتعلقة ما بعد التخرج و غيرها ..

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع إبحث في الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 11-02-2015, 09:40 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 46 )
Lady-J
طالب مشارك

الملف الشخصي

رقــم العضويـــة : 48783
تاريخ التسجيل : 12-09-2012
المشاركـــــــات : 111 [+]
الـــــــــــتخصص : توجيهي - حيا و كيم
الـــــــــــمدرسة : غير معروف

اخر مواضيع العضو

Lady-J غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي

انه يصروع .. الكلمات يبي لي اقعد شهرين احين اتعلم كلمات جديدة
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 14-02-2015, 01:14 AM   رقم المشاركة : ( 47 )
Nawreez
مميز بالفصل الأول 2016-2017

الصورة الرمزية Nawreez

الملف الشخصي

رقــم العضويـــة : 39481
تاريخ التسجيل : 03-03-2012
المشاركـــــــات : 1,186 [+]
الـــــــــــتخصص : طالب جامعي
الـــــــــــجـامعة : RCSI

اخر مواضيع العضو

Nawreez غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي

نموذج رايتنق

الدرجة : 6

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Some people think that children should begin their formal education at a very early age and should spend most of their time on school studies.
Others believe that young children should spend most of their time playing.
Compare these two views. Which view do you agree with? Why?
You should write at least 250 words.

Education is the base for a successful and productive society.While some people believe that children should spend the majority of their time building this base by studying,Others believe that children should enjoy their childhood as much as possible.In my opinion children should spend the majority of their time studying because of several reason , which I will explain bellow.
Of course , children need to enjoy their childhood by playing,As playing can help them learn some new skills such as playing football. Many studies have shown that the most famous players in Asia were discovered while playing football at a very young age,for example, the talented Bahraini footballer Sayed Ahmed Ali was discovered while playing with his cousins in the street at the age of four.Moreover,playing can improve children’s health “ playing is the most enjoyable exercise”.
However, I highly believe that children should spend most of their time studying.Learning at a very young age can tremendously contribute in building self-confidence and intelligence. A new study shows that 95% of confident people in the united states have been learning since a very young age .In addition, children who start learning at a young age tend to have lower risks of catching mental diseases , according to mental disease organization. Added to that, kids who start learning at a very young age tend to master languages more easily than their peers, because obviously they started learning these languages before their peers did.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that children should study as much as possible; However it would be fair enough if they play whatever they enjoy in the weekends. 
توقيع » Nawreez
إن الذي يرتجي شيئاً بهمّتهِ .. يلقاهُ لو حاربَتْهُ الانسُ والجنُ .. ُّفاقصد الى قمم الاشياءِ تدركها تجري الرياح كما رادت لها السفنُ .
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-02-2015, 12:11 AM   رقم المشاركة : ( 48 )
Nawreez

الصورة الرمزية Nawreez

الملف الشخصي

اخر مواضيع العضو

افتراضي

A basic introduction to the IELTS test, the booking process and preparation for the test.

What is IELTS? What is the purpose of the IELTS test? What does the test consist of? Who accepts IELTS scores? Who manages IELTS? Where can candidates take IELTS? When can candidates take IELTS? How much does it cost to take IELTS? How do I register for the IELTS? Is the IELTS test completed in one day? What can I bring into the examination room? What kind of accents will I hear in the Listening and Speaking tests? Will the listening tape provide me with all the necessary instructions and pauses? Can I complete the Listening and Reading answer sheet in pen? Can I make some notes on the Listening and Reading Question paper? What is the Speaking test? What should I bring for the Speaking test? When will I receive my results? How long is the result valid for? What are the similarities and differences between IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training? How to become an IELTS examiner?
What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is widely recognized as a test of language ability of candidates who need to study or study or work where English is the language of communication.

What is the purpose of the IELTS test?
Candidates can choose to take either the Academic or General Training IELTS module. The IELTS Academic module is intended to assess the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication. The IELTS General Training module is intended for candidates who are going to English-speaking countries to complete their secondary education, to undertake work experience or training programmes not at degree level, or for immigration purposes to Australia, Canada and New Zealand.

Who accepts IELTS scores?
IELTS tests are held in over 120 countries round the world and taken by around 1.5 million people each year. The test is recognized by universities and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA. It is also recognized by professional bodies (including medical authorities), immigration authorities and other government agencies. Details of organizations recognizing IELTS are available on the IELTS website www.ielts.org.

What does the test consist of?
IELTS includes tests of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Although the Academic and General Training modules have different Reading and Writing papers, candidates of both modules are tested on the same Listening and Speaking papers.

Who manages IELTS?
IELTS is jointly managed by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL), British Council and IDP: IELTS Australia. IELTS conforms to the highest international standards of language assessment.

Where can candidates take IELTS?
There are currently more than 300 authorized test centers in over 100 countries worldwide. IELTS test centers around the world are managed by British Council or IDP: IELTS Australia. In the USA, IELTS centers are managed by IELTS International. Test centers are listed on the IELTS website www.ielts.org.

When can candidates take IELTS?
IELTS Academic modules are administered on 48 fixed dates each year. General Training modules are administered on 24 fixed dates each year.

How much does it cost to take IELTS?
IELTS is delivered at a fixed price in each country. As a guide, the fee for the tests (both Academic and General) was £115 in the UK in 2011. This price is made up of a standard central fee and a variable local fee. Details of centre locations, test dates and fees can be accessed from the IELTS website www.ielts.org.

How do I register for the IELTS?
To register for the test you need to download a copy of the IELTS application form (PDF file) or ask your test centre for a copy.
You need to return:

1) a completed and signed application form;
2) your fee for the test (payment by credit/debit card is widely accepted; some centres accept online payments and some accept a cheque/postal order);
3) a photocopy of your passport (or a photocopy of an EU National ID card);
4) two identical, colour, passport-size photos that are less than six months old, and without glasses being worn.

Is the IELTS test completed in one day?
The Listening, Reading and Writing components of the test are always completed immediately after each other and in this same order. The Speaking test can be taken up to 7 days either before or after the test date.

What can I bring into the examination room?
1) a valid passport (or an EU National ID card), not a photocopy;
2) at least two pens, two pencils, an eraser and a pencil sharpener (but no pencil case);
3) water to drink, in a transparent bottle.

You must leave anything which you do not need, or which is not allowed, either outside the examination room, or as instructed by the supervisor. Mobile phones must be switched off and placed with personal belongings in the area designated by the supervisor. Any candidate who does not switch off their phone, or who retains one in their possession, will be disqualified.

What kind of accents will I hear in the Listening and Speaking tests?
As IELTS is an international test, a variety of English accents are used in both of these examinations.

Will the listening tape provide me with all the necessary instructions and pauses?
Yes. At the beginning of the test, candidates receive instructions and hear a sample question. Next, candidates read Section One questions and then listen to Section One and answer the questions on the question paper as they listen. The same procedure follows for Sections Two, Three and Four. This takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. In the final ten minutes, candidates transfer their answers onto the answer sheet.

Can I complete the Listening and Reading answer sheet in pen?
No. The answer sheet is scanned by a computer which cannot read pen.

Can I make some notes on the Listening and Reading Question paper?
Yes. The examiner will not see your question paper.

What is the Speaking test?
The Speaking test is conducted as a one-to-one interview with a certified examiner. Each test lasts between 11 - 14 minutes. There are three parts to the test which give candidates the opportunity to demonstrate a range of different speaking skills. The test is recorded so that it can be re-marked if needed. The examiner will not give the candidate any feedback on their performance.

What should I bring for the Speaking test?
You need to bring the same identification documents you supplied on registration, as these must be checked again against the information on the application form. These documents will be checked by the administrator and the Speaking examiner prior to you entering the interview room.

When will I receive my results?
Under normal circumstances, you will receive your Test Report Forms approximately 13 days after you complete the test.

How long is the result valid for?
Your IELTS score is valid for two years. You may have to sit the test again if your test result is more than two years old.

What are the similarities and differences between IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training?
Key similarities:
• The Listening and Speaking components are the same for both versions. The distinction between ‘academic’ and ‘general’ literacy has traditionally been seen as most marked ‘general’ literacy has traditionally been seen as most marked oriented language skills of listening and speaking are equally important in an academic study or professional context.
• The same amount of time is allocated to complete the Listening and Speaking components in both the General Training and Academic Versions.
• The Reading and Writing components are the same length in both versions.
• Both modules have the same minimum word requirement.
• The same assessment criteria and 9-band scale is used to grade both modules.

Differences:
The Reading component of the Academic and General Training versions is differentiated in terms of:
• the choice of texts (topic, genre, length, number, etc)
• the level of difficulty of the 40 test items. The Academic Reading module has more items pitched at bands 5-8, whereas the General Training has more items pitched at bands 3-6. This is a reflection of the different demands of Academic and General Training.

For Writing, the Academic and General Training modules are differentiated in terms of:
• the content and nature of the two writing tasks.
• the contextual parameters of the tasks.

However, given the level of differentiation described above, this does not mean that the scores across Academic and General Training Reading or Writing modules are interchangeable.

How to become an IELTS examiner?
All IELTS examiner applicants must:
• be native speakers of English or a non-native speaker with an IELTS band score of 9 in the Speaking and Writing components
• hold relevant qualifications in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (or equivalent)
• have substantial relevant teaching experience post-qualification.
توقيع » Nawreez
إن الذي يرتجي شيئاً بهمّتهِ .. يلقاهُ لو حاربَتْهُ الانسُ والجنُ .. ُّفاقصد الى قمم الاشياءِ تدركها تجري الرياح كما رادت لها السفنُ .
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27-02-2015, 08:41 AM   رقم المشاركة : ( 49 )
Nawreez

الصورة الرمزية Nawreez

الملف الشخصي

اخر مواضيع العضو

افتراضي

يمكنكم الاطلاع إلكترونيا علی نتائجكم في امتحان IELTS عبر هذا الرابط

British Council IELTS Online Application - https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/checkresults.aspx
توقيع » Nawreez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27-02-2015, 10:17 AM   رقم المشاركة : ( 50 )
zahraaHa
طالب مبتدئ

الملف الشخصي

رقــم العضويـــة : 81100
تاريخ التسجيل : 15-01-2014
المشاركـــــــات : 14 [+]
الـــــــــــتخصص : توجيهي - حيا و كيم

اخر مواضيع العضو

zahraaHa غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي

هل هو مطلوب لجامعات دول الخليج ؟ و الجامعة الأردنية ؟؟ لحد يرد و هو مو متأكد
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27-02-2015, 10:48 AM   رقم المشاركة : ( 51 )
Nawreez

الصورة الرمزية Nawreez

الملف الشخصي

اخر مواضيع العضو

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة zahraaha مشاهدة المشاركة
هل هو مطلوب لجامعات دول الخليج ؟ و الجامعة الأردنية ؟؟ لحد يرد و هو مو متأكد

ع حسب الجامعه يعني لازم تتاكدين من الجامعة نفسها
مثلاً جامعه البحرين وبولتيكنك كلش مايطالبون فيه
اما الايرلندية لما تبين طب لازم جايبه 5.5 وفوق ف الايلتس. او يعطونش سنة زيادة حق الانج ..
توقيع » Nawreez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27-02-2015, 01:22 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 52 )
Nawreez

الصورة الرمزية Nawreez

الملف الشخصي

اخر مواضيع العضو

افتراضي

Top Ten IELTS Writing Tips
-source: dcielts.com
1. Read the question – answer the question
Rule number 1 is to answer the question: read the question carefully and underline all the information you need to include. This works differently in the essay and the report.
In the essay, often you will find background information and the question itself. Make sure you answer the question
(eg “Do you agree?”) and do not write generally about the topic. If you copy another essay you have written on the same topic, you will lose a lot of marks.
In task 1, all the information you need to include is in the chart/graph: make sure you identify the key points before you start writing.
2. Don’t start writing too soon – think and plan!
It is important to finish both pieces of writing, but the way to do this is not necessarily starting to write immediately. If you do that, you may get half way through the writing and realise you cannot finish it. Only start writing when you know how you are going to finish.
In the essay this can mean up to 10 minutes and in the task 1 report it can mean up to 5 minutes. The more you think, the better and more quickly you will write. 2/3 minutes is almost certainly not enough. For more detail on this, try looking at Planning an IELTS essay – the 10 minute solution.
3. Write enough words
250 means AT LEAST 250 and 150 means AT LEAST 150. See my post on how many words for more detail on this.
4. Don’t write too many words
The more words you write, you more mistakes you are likely to make. The more words you write, the less efficient you become and the quality will fall. The ideal is to aim for between 260 – 280 words in the essay and 160-180 words in the report.
5. Don’t copy whole sections of the question
If you copy whole sections of the question, the examiner will not include those words in your word count: 260 words can become 230 words if you are not careful.
6. Time is your enemy – have a plan and a watch
Timing can be a problem. It is important to keep moving and stick to your timing. Don’t be tempted to spend more than 40 minutes on your essay – you need 20 minutes to answer task 1 properly.
7. Task 1 and task 2 – which do you answer first?
The essay is worth twice the marks of the report. One idea is to do task 2 (the essay) before task 1(the report), just to ensure you finish the essay. You do need to spend at least 20 minutes on part 1 though. Do not try to answer it in 15 minutes.
8. Check your writing
It is important to check your writing for grammatical errors. You need to have a checklist before you enter the exam of what mistakes you typically make.
9. Think about range of vocabulary
You should also check your writing for unnecessary word repetition – you are graded on the variety of your language. You should note that this does not mean you need to use long, complex words, rather it means you should use precise words.
10. Think about the examiner – use paragraphs well
The examiner will not spend very long grading your paper. You need to create an immediate good impression and the best way to do this in my experience is to present a well-structured piece of writing with clearly laid out paragraphs. This way the examiner is going to be on your side. If, however, it looks disorganised, the examiner is not going to be impressed.
توقيع » Nawreez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27-02-2015, 01:50 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 53 )
Nawreez

الصورة الرمزية Nawreez

الملف الشخصي

اخر مواضيع العضو

افتراضي

Top Ten IELTS Reading Tips
1. Beat the fear – read as much as possible
My first IELTS reading tip is to read as much as possible. By this I don’t mean do endless IELTS practice tests, I mean do as much general reading as possible. I suggest you focus on reading short articles on topics that interest you or on topics that are common in IELTS – newspapers and magazines are a great resource here.
One reason why this is such a good idea is that many candidates freeze in the reading believing it is too hard and so fail to get their band score. If, however, you read enough “native English” before the exam, you will become more and more confident in looking at texts where you don’t understand every word. Confidence is a very important concept in IELTS.
If you look at Daily Exercises, you will find lots of possible exercises for you. The idea is to find something that interests you and read. That’s all.
2. Improve key skills – skimming and scanning and reading in detail
A major problem in the exam is the length of the texts and you will not have time to read them all carefully. You need to train your speed reading skills so that you can read as efficiently as possible. 2 skills here are skimming which is reading quickly for general meaning and scanning which is looking for specific information.
You may sometimes see advice saying that you don’t need to read in detail. Incorrect. Bad advice. You shouldn’t read the whole text in detail but you will need to parts of the text in detail – if you want to get the right answer. Put simply, skimming and scanning are useful skills to help show you where the answer might be: reading in detail tells you what the answer is.
3. Time management – experiment to see what works
Because the texts are so long you need to have a definite strategy for how you manage your time in the exam to make sure you finish on time. This means deciding:
>> how long you look at the text before answering questions
>> how long you spend on each question
>> how long you spend on each group of questions
>> how long you spend on each text
>> do you leave time at the end to go back at look at unanswered questions?
There is a lot to consider here. You will find books and websites that insist you do it their way. They may claim to have a magic formula and that you must do this or you must do that. Ignore them. Their advice may be good for some people but not for you.
The key point here is that different learners have different styles and different needs. Much the best advice here is to experiment and try different approaches and see what works best for you.
4. Focus on the question – avoid careless errors
The texts in IELTS are typically quite hard, so candidates spend as much time as possible reading the texts. Mistake. Why? Well, a huge amount of mistakes are made by not focussing enough on the exact question. It can be easy if you are in a hurry to miss a word such as “always” or “often”: the problem is those sorts of words can change the meaning of questions.
There is an easy solution to this problem: it is to go back and look at the question before you write in the answer. Make sure that the question says what you think it says. You will normally save yourself 2/3 marks this way
5. Learn the exam – know the different types of questions
There are 8/9 different types of reading question that examiners may use. Before the exam, you should make yourself familiar with each type of question as they are slightly different.
6. Train yourself, don’t test yourself
One common mistake candidates make is to practise exam questions too much. Exam practice is important to learn the timing (3 above) and learn the question types (5 above), but that does not mean that every time you practise reading you need to do it in exam conditions. My suggestion is that you do some “open book” tests where you can see the answers as you do the questions. This way you will learn how examiners set questions and how to find the answers. If you just test yourself, this may not happen. How often and when you do this training will depend on your preparation programme.
7. Learn how to underline
This is a very specific piece of advice. You may believe it is wrong to write in books and generally I’d agree with you, but IELTS is different. A very strong suggestion is that you should underline words in the text in the exam. There are at least two reasons for this:
1. if you underline key words in the text, it can help you organise the text and this will save you time in the exam
2. if you find an answer, it is sensible to underline the part of the passage that relates to the question as a check (see 4 above) and to write the number of the question next to it in case you find a better answer later
How you do this will depend on you and your style. Some people underline different types of words in different ways.I’d only add that less is more: if you underline too much, it can become confusing.
8. Beware word matching – be careful with key words
One very common mistake is to match a word in the question with a word in the text and to think you have found your answer. It is almost never that simple and I am tempted to say that if the words do match, then that is not your answer. What you are normally looking for are either synonyms (words with a similar meaning) or paraphrases (short bits of text that say the same as the question.
One reason candidates make this mistake is that teachers (myself included) tend to say look for key words in the question. This is helpful advice to show you where the answer might be and which paragraph it might be in. After that you need to go back and read the whole question carefully to see what the answer is.
9. The questions follow the text – normally
This is a very practical piece of advice and could save you a lot of wasted time. Typically, the questions will come in the order of the text: so the answer to question 3 will come after the answer to question 2. This can be very helpful in the exam if you are a quick worker who goes through the questions once for the easy ones and then a second time for the harder ones. If you have answer 4 underlined (see 7 above) and answer 6 underlined then you know where answer 5 must come.
One word of warning. In certain types of question (eg paragraph matching) the order of the questions are jumbled.
10. The questions or the text – which do you read first
There is no one right answer here.
Text books tend to advise you to read the text quickly first so that you know how the text is organised. This helps as you will save time later by knowing which paragraph will contain the answer. This can be a good approach, particularly for high level candidates provided you don’t spend too much reading and you have notes/underlinings afterwards.
Text books tend to advise you to read the text quickly first so that you know how the text is organised. This helps as you will save time later by knowing which paragraph will contain the answer. This can be a good approach, particularly for high level candidates provided you don’t spend too much reading and you have notes/underlinings afterwards.
توقيع » Nawreez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27-02-2015, 01:52 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 54 )
Nawreez

الصورة الرمزية Nawreez

الملف الشخصي

اخر مواضيع العضو

افتراضي

Top Ten IELTS Listening Tips
- from Kristy Chase, English Outlook Instructor
I have learned these tips from watching and listening to students preparing for the IELTS test. I think they are important to help you to improve your general listening skills and also to perform better in the test.
1] Make sure you improve your general listening skills before you take the IELTS test and don’t use practice tests as a way to improve your score. Many students do this and think it is enough. Doing practice tests will not help you to improve you score significantly although they will help you to become familiar with the test. Listen to everything you can. The internet is a good source of listening material.
2] Learn how to spell! The IELTS test requires correct spelling of all words, not just the ones that are spelled for you, so make sure you know how to spell some common words in English. Also make sure that words that should be capitalised ie proper nouns and names for example, are written with an initial capital letter.
3] Before each part of the test you will hear someone say: ‘You will hear a conversation between…’ or ‘you will hear a lecture on…’ It is very important to listen to this information because it gives the topic for what you are about to hear and makes understanding the rest much easier. It is not written on your question paper, so listen carefully.
4] During the test, use your time well. Read the questions quickly and try to decide which type of word goes in the spaces eg is it a noun, verb or adjective? Write 'N' for noun and 'A' for adjective and 'V' for verb in each space. This will help you focus and listen for the word you need.
5] At the end of each section you have 30 seconds to check your answers. Use this time wisely to go back and check your answers by checking for word forms, plurals (did you forget an ‘s’ on plural words?) and spelling.
6] You know that Section 3 is almost always about education. Quite often you will hear students and a tutor talking about an assignment. Make sure you know all the vocabulary you can about studying at university. This will help you to understand section 3 and gain some extra marks.
7] In section 4 there is a lecture on a general topic and there are quite often multiple choice questions to go with this. There is a lot of reading to do in this section so try to get through as much as possible in the time you have.
8] All the choices in the multiple choice questions will be heard, which makes them difficult. If you don’t know, you can guess but come back to that question at the end of the test as you may be able to give a better or educated guess at the end of the test.
9] At the end of the test you have 10 minutes to transfer your answers onto an answer sheet. As you do so check your answers are correct and that you are writing your answers into the correct numbered space. That is to say that the answer for question 9 goes onto the answer sheet in space number 9. In practice tests many students get this wrong so don’t throw away marks through a careless mistake.
10] Don’t leave any blank answers! In both listening and reading you should write something in the answers box. If you don’t know, then make a guess. You never know: you may just be right
توقيع » Nawreez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27-02-2015, 03:28 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 55 )
Nawreez

الصورة الرمزية Nawreez

الملف الشخصي

اخر مواضيع العضو

افتراضي

Using Capital Letters

English uses capital letters to point out important words. This is the one element of English grammar that always follows its rules. There are no lists of exceptions to memorize. That makes it easier for people who are learning English. All they need to do is:

learn the rules, and
follow the rules.
You will see many examples in your everyday life of the rules being violated by advertisers, by graffiti artists and by Internet users. That does not, however, change the rules. It is important to write English correctly on applications, in resumes, in business letters and in other formal situations if you want the reader to have a high opinion of you.

Rule 1: All sentences begin with a capital letter, even sentences that only consist of one word.

a. This is my house. (statement)
b. Are you going to school? (question)
c. Watch out for the truck! (exclamation)
d. Stop!
e. Wait!
f. Yesterday, when John woke up in the morning, he decided to eat breakfast before getting dressed to go to work in the city.
Rule 2: The proper name, the name of a specific person or thing, begins with a capital letter. All other important words in the name must also start with a capital letter. Words that do not need to be written with a capital letter unless they are the first word of the name are a, an, and, the, of, to, by, etc. (Following each proper name are one or more common names of the same type of person or thing which do not need a capital letter.)

a. Henry David Thoreau (a man, a writer)

b. Empire State Building (a building, a monument, a sky scraper)
c. Grand Canyon (a canyon, a geographical wonder, a tourist attraction)
d. Atlantic Ocean (an ocean, a body of water, a sea)
e. Metropolitan Museum of Art (a museum, an institute, a building)
f. Ford Explorer (an automobile, a sport utility vehicle, a car)
g. Harvard University (a college, a university, a school)
h. Union of South Africa (a country, a union, a nation)
i. Saudi Arabia (a country, a kingdom, a monarchy)
j. Saturday (a day, the weekend, tomorrow)
k. September (a month, beginning of school, end of summer)
l. Memorial Day (a holiday, a special occasion, a vacation day)
Rule 3: Titles of books, songs, stories, works of art, magazine articles, tests, and other written materials must begin with a capital letter. Every other important word of the title must also begin with a capital letter. Words that do not need a capital letter unless they are the first word of the title are a, an, and, of, to, the, etc.

a. Winnie the Pooh

b. To Kill a Mockingbird
c. The Merchant of Venice
d. The Star-spangled Banner
e. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
f. The New York Times
g. How to Win Friends and Influence People
h. The Carolina Test of Student Ability
Rule 4: The letter I, when used as a pronoun referring to yourself must always be written as a capital letter.

a. I am not happy.
b. Am I the first person here?
c. Tell me what I have to do.
Rule 5: The first word of a direct quotation must begin with a capital letter.

a. "Who's been sleeping in my bed?" Pappa Bear cried.
b. The President said, "Ask not what your country can do for you."
c. The teacher asked, "Can you answer this question?"
Rule 6: Titles of people when used with their names or in place of their names must begin with a capital letter.

a. My boss is Mister Smith.
b. "Look out, Mister! You're in the way."
c. The members of the church waited for Reverend Jones.
d. The captain yelled at Sergeant Harris.
e. The sergeant replied, "Yes, sir, Captain. I understand."
f. My favorite queen is Queen Elizabeth of England.
There are other uses for capital letters in English, but these six rules cover most of the situations you will find in your writing. I started to write about abbreviations, but the more I thought about them, the more confused I became. In general, abbreviations (short forms of whole words usually made by using the first letter or letters of the whole word with a period at the end to show the word is not complete) follow the same rules for capital letters as complete words do: if the whole word would begin with a capital, then so would the abbreviation.

a. My boss is Mr. Smith.

b. The members of the church waited for Rev. Jones.
c. The captain yelled at Sgt. Harris.
d. I work for American Telephone and Telegraph. (I work for A.T.&T.).
Certain factors have made the situation much more confusing. The United States has adopted a two-letter code for all of the states. Pennsylvania used to be abbreviated as Penna. or Pa. Now it is PA . California used to be Cal. or Calif., but now it is CA . Advertisers add or take away capital letters whenever they feel like it in a attempt to make their ads more effective. The internet with its domain names and e-mail addresses adding or deleting capital letters according to the requirements of a variety of computer software protocols has also thrown away the traditional grammar rules.

But in spite of all these factors, the rules of correct writing remain the same. Follow them and you will be seen as an intelligent, well-educated person by anybody who reads what you write. (Unless you write stupid things in a correct way.)
توقيع » Nawreez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 11-05-2015, 11:18 AM   رقم المشاركة : ( 56 )
ستايش
أمنيتي جنه

الصورة الرمزية ستايش

الملف الشخصي

رقــم العضويـــة : 45804
تاريخ التسجيل : 31-05-2012
المشاركـــــــات : 5,835 [+]
الـــــــــــتخصص : خريج جامعي
الـــــــــــجـامعة : جامعة الزهراء

اخر مواضيع العضو

ستايش غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي

شفت اعلان قالت ممكن يفيدكم للي حاب يسجل

يقدم المجلس البريطاني كورس IELTS مجاني اون لاين لمدة ٦ اسابيع وتبدأ بعد الغد
ساعتين في الاسبوع وتوفر شهادات أيضا
للتسجيل: http://bit.ly/1H5hZK8
بالتوفيق للجميع لا تفوت الفرصة لأن قيمتها الا صلية ٢٨٠ دينار بحريني ،،
تحياتي،،
توقيع » ستايش
اللهم اجعل نفسي مطمئنة بقدرك، راضية بقضائك، مولعة بذكرك ودعائك محبة لصفوة أوليائك، محبوبة في أرضك وسمائك، صابرة على نزول بلائك مشتاقة إلى فرحة لقائك، متزودة التقوي ليوم جزائك، مستسنة بسنن أوليائك مفارقة لأخلاق أعدائك، مشغولة عن الدنيا بحمدك وثنائك

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 11-05-2015, 09:45 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 57 )
crazzoo
مشرف

الصورة الرمزية crazzoo

الملف الشخصي

رقــم العضويـــة : 54591
تاريخ التسجيل : 30-11-2012
المشاركـــــــات : 1,731 [+]
الـــــــــــجـامعة : UOB-Mechanical Engineering

اخر مواضيع العضو

crazzoo غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة nawreez مشاهدة المشاركة
احين وصل سعره 90 الى 92 دينار
طبعا الزیاده مؤقته مع ان السعر مافیه فرق تقریبا
توقيع » crazzoo
إيه بـــودَو نـــبـودم آيَ نيَه شــهودم رزا رزا سرودم أي سايه يَه رحمت
لطفت همْچُوا بَاران مِيْبَارَدْ فَـرَافان بَرْجَانَ مُهـــــبّان أي رَمــــزَ مَــحبّت
افــــلُ خاتَمة وهشتُ واهمة را أز دَلَمَا كـن تو بِدَر
اي كُلَ فاتَمة قسـمتَ مَاهَمَة قولو وفايتَ وقت سفر
أيْ مَزهَرَ إهْـسَانْ يا علي سُــلطانَ خُراسَانْ يا علي

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 16-06-2017, 10:20 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 58 )
سلطان الجراف
طالب مشارك

الملف الشخصي

رقــم العضويـــة : 114980
تاريخ التسجيل : 15-10-2015
المشاركـــــــات : 118 [+]
الـــــــــــتخصص : مستوى ثاني - حيا و كيم

اخر مواضيع العضو

سلطان الجراف غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي

متى التسجيل وبكم ف برتش كونسل
توقيع » سلطان الجراف
وقل ربي زدني علما.*
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 16-06-2017, 10:22 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 59 )
سلطان الجراف
طالب مشارك

الملف الشخصي

رقــم العضويـــة : 114980
تاريخ التسجيل : 15-10-2015
المشاركـــــــات : 118 [+]
الـــــــــــتخصص : مستوى ثاني - حيا و كيم

اخر مواضيع العضو

سلطان الجراف غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة nawreez مشاهدة المشاركة
ع حسب الجامعه يعني لازم تتاكدين من الجامعة نفسها
مثلاً جامعه البحرين وبولتيكنك كلش مايطالبون فيه
اما الايرلندية لما تبين طب لازم جايبه 5.5 وفوق ف الايلتس. او يعطونش سنة زيادة حق الانج ..
التمريض ف الالنديه يطلبونه جم لازم احصل درجه
توقيع » سلطان الجراف
وقل ربي زدني علما.*
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 17-06-2017, 01:34 AM   رقم المشاركة : ( 60 )
نوار الشموع
طالب نشيط

الملف الشخصي

رقــم العضويـــة : 91486
تاريخ التسجيل : 10-09-2014
المشاركـــــــات : 150 [+]
الـــــــــــتخصص : مستوى أول
الـــــــــــمدرسة :

اخر مواضيع العضو

نوار الشموع غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي

اقتباس: